08 Aug Dr. Arno Fried Named Top Doctor for Cancer Care and Families
Advanced Neurosurgery Associates is proud to congratulate Dr. Arno Fried on receiving several Top Doctor awards from prominent New Jersey magazines.
These designations add to Dr. Fried’s long list of recognitions from Inside Jersey, as well as NJ Monthly, Newsday, NJ Family and U.S. News & World Report. In addition, Dr. Fried has been listed in New York Magazine “Best Doctors” issue multiple years, and was the only NJ neurosurgeon listed in 2013.
New Jersey’s Top Doctor for Cancer Care
Dr. Arno Fried has been named a New Jersey Top Doctor for Cancer Care. The honor, awarded by Inside Jersey in conjunction with Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., one of the nation’s most respected health care research and information companies. It provides consumers with the most authoritative and informed assessment of doctors in the region.
In selecting this year’s Top Doctors for Cancer Care, Castle Connolly Medical’s physician-led research team gave consideration to the doctors’ areas of medical specialty as they relate to cancer treatment.
Here is how these awards, which cannot be paid for, are determined. Castle Connolly Medical:
- Selects only physicians who are board-certified and for whom the company has validated that the board certifications are current.
- Uses “minimum years in practice” standards, based on the medical specialty.
- Surveys thousands of physicians and other health care professionals and asks them to identify excellent doctors in every specialty in their region and throughout the nation. While the nomination process is anonymous and confidential, each invitee has an access code to the nomination website, which helps ensure doctors do not nominate themselves.
- Makes phone calls to leading specialists, chairs of clinical departments and vice presidents of medical affairs, to identify top specialists.
- Reviews the credentials of every physician under consideration, including his or her medical education, training, hospital appointments, administrative posts, professional achievements, and malpractice and disciplinary history.
Ultimately, it is the professional judgment of the Castle Connolly editors, the chief medical and research officer, and the research staff that determines selection.
Each of the selected doctors is asked to complete a comprehensive professional biography form and also provide information on his or her areas of expertise. The information becomes an integral part of selected doctors’ listings in the guide. In New Jersey, 11,011 physicians participated in the nomination process for 2014.
Physicians identified through the Castle Connolly Medical research process are clearly among the very best, but there are always other very good physicians not identified by Castle Connolly.
Dr. Arno H. Fried Named as (201) Family Top Doctor
Dr. Arno Fried was selected as a Top Doctor for Neurological Surgery in (201) Family’s latest award list.
(201) Family, a New Jersey Greater Media magazine distributed throughout the state, featured Top Doctors in its special double issue (November/December, 2014).
To determine those medical professionals designated, MSP Communications, a leading researcher and publisher of Super Doctors, asked doctors in the area to nominate one or more local colleagues (excluding themselves) they would choose when seeking medical care. The Super Doctors’ research team investigated further and searched for exceptional doctors to complement the results. Candidates were evaluated on indicators of peer recognition, professional achievement, and disciplinary history.
Doctors were grouped into 30 specialties. Professionals with the highest scores from each grouping were invited to serve on a blue-ribbon panel and asked to evaluate the candidates in their specialty. Finally, doctors who acquired the highest total points from the surveys, research and blue-ribbon panel review were selected for inclusion in (201) Family’s Top Doctors.
Dr. Arno Fried Designated New Jersey Favorite Kids’ Docs
New Jersey Family magazine readers, for another year in a row, have awarded Dr. Arno Fried a “Favorite Kids’ Doc” for 2014.
This is how the magazine describes the honor: “Are your child’s doctors or pediatric specialists exceptional? That’s what we asked our readers, and they answered with a resounding “yes!” In fact, they named hundreds of their favorite doctors, dentists, speech/language therapists, and many other professionals, who work hard to keep kids healthy—and also respond to parents’ concerns.”
New Jersey Family is the essential source for New Jersey moms and dads in Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Mercer, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, and Union counties. The magazine’s five zoned editions every month cover things to do in New Jersey, calendar events, trends, and the universal concerns of NJ parents (health, education, kids’ programs, parenting issues, camps, and more).
Read more on this story.