08 Aug Congratulations to Dr. Arno Fried on being Named Top Doctor for Cancer Care
Dr. Arno Fried has been named a New Jersey Top Doctor for Cancer Care. The honor, awarded by Inside Jersey in conjunction with Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., one of the nation’s most respected health care research and information companies.
In selecting this year’s Top Doctors for Cancer Care, Castle Connolly Medical’s physician-led research team gave consideration to the doctors’ areas of medical specialty as they relate to cancer treatment.
Here is how these awards, which cannot be paid for, are determined. Castle Connolly Medical …
- Selects only physicians who are board-certified and for whom the company has validated that the board certifications are current.
- Uses “minimum years in practice” standards, based on the medical specialty.
- Surveys thousands of physicians and other health care professionals and asks them to identify excellent doctors in every specialty in their region and throughout the nation. While the nomination process is anonymous and confidential, each invitee has an access code to the nomination website, which helps ensure doctors do not nominate themselves.
- Makes phone calls to leading specialists, chairs of clinical departments and vice presidents of medical affairs, to identify top specialists.
- Reviews the credentials of every physician under consideration, including his or her medical education, training, hospital appointments, administrative posts, professional achievements, and malpractice and disciplinary history.
Ultimately, it is the professional judgment of the Castle Connolly editors, the chief medical and research officer and the research staff that determines selection.
Each of the selected doctors is asked to complete a comprehensive professional biography form and also provide information on his or her areas of expertise. The information becomes an integral part of selected doctors’ listings in the guide.
Physicians identified through the Castle Connolly Medical research process are clearly among the very best, but there are always other very good physicians not identified by Castle Connolly.